The idea of an evergreen sales funnel is great, but the implementation is oftentimes lacking.
However, the prospect of consistent sales all year round is understandably enticing. An evergreen sales funnel can provide income to keep your business going without constant maintenance.
That time and effort can then be diverted and invested into pursuing new scaling opportunities and implementing strategies.
The best sales funnel strategy should always take the customer journey into account. Just like the vertebrae in your spine, if these steps are out of alignment with each other, severe pain will be felt throughout and the whole system could be thrown out of balance.
Luckily, the pain points are usually similar across industries and companies. Let’s look at the key elements you have to pay attention to in your sales funnel.
Read on to tighten your existing sales system or turn it into an evergreen sales funnel that will become the backbone of your whole operation!
Effective Landing Pages
Putting a landing page together can be disarmingly quick, especially if you are using the right tool.
Your sales funnel might have multiple landing pages (e.g. one for the lead magnet, one for the actual product, etc.) but they will function similarly.
Keep the focus on the product/service you are trying to sell. Other things like your bio, mission statement, webinars, blog posts, video tutorials can all take a back seat and live elsewhere on your site.
Moreover, stick with one action you want your readers to take. Be it signing up for a course, downloading a free ebook or purchasing a product, it should not share the spotlight with all the others, so as not to dilute the reader’s attention. The secondary calls to action (following a social media page, commenting etc.) can be put into follow-up emails.
Lastly, as much as you would like to talk up the fantastic features of your product, digging into the nuts and bolts of what you have achieved, you should really be focusing on what the potential customer is getting out of this deal. So when mentioning features, relate them to how they positively impact the end-user.
A Stellar Lead Magnet
Make sure your lead magnet delivers in a small way on the promises you have made throughout your landing page and ads.
You should aim to alleviate part of your audience’s problem straight away with your content.
If you believe your current lead magnet isn’t impactful enough, you should design one from scratch to meet your audience’s needs and grab their attention as quickly as possible.
However, if you already have a relevant content catalog, you should definitely leverage that to your advantage. When taking a pre-existing ebook/course lesson/webinar and turning it into a lead magnet, remember to:
- Add any additional information needed to turn it into a substantial and standalone piece of content.
- Scrub any dates and unnecessary references that could prevent it from remaining fresh for years to come.
- Create a new URL so that you can track its performance inside your evergreen sales funnel without any prior data muddling up the results.
Constant Traffic = Constant Sales
Now that we have ensured we have all the appropriate parts of our machine running optimally, let’s make sure we feed it the right type of fuel to power the whole thing.
This is where most evergreen sales funnels start to falter since people set them up and expect conversions for years to come.
In reality, you have to feed your sales system fresh traffic in the form of cold leads. The most reliable ways to do this are Facebook Ads and SEO-optimized content.
An Evergreen Sales Funnel Doesn’t Mean A Static Funnel
Once you have it up and running, your evergreen sales funnel still needs care and attention to perform efficiently in the long run.
If you expect consistent growth down the line, you will have to fine-tune the evergreen sales funnel to get better results.
Here are some ideas you can play around with after you have an established evergreen sales funnel:
- Offer a discount. This is a great way to take your evergreen marketing funnel from good to outstanding. Target these coupons at the people with abandoned carts and those who have already shown a strong interest in your offer by visiting the checkout page.
- See what type of content resonates best with your audience to improve your lead magnet. Do this directly through questionnaires/feedback or indirectly through market research. By analyzing your audience segments you can get a feel for their interests. This also leads us to the next point.
- Collaborate with other brands/influencers. By tapping into the audiences of established figures in your segment’s sphere of interest you boost your own audience as quickly as possible.
- Bundle your products. This could be the perfect opportunity to create some crossover if you have different product lines/services for specific client bases. This could take the form of a demo/free trial or coupon code. It will serve to delight your existing audience and make them feel appreciated.
- Don’t forget the holidays. Just like the trees from which they get their name, evergreen sales funnels should get a little extra care and attention during the holidays. There will be a surge of people in shopping mode, so don’t pass up on this opportunity. Do this by offering discounts or by adding a temporary theme to your landing pages to differentiate your offer from the rest of the year.
How To Get Help With Your Evergreen Sales Funnel
For a real-time sales funnel example, you can look at the products/services you have purchased lately and see how they were marketed.
If you need help implementing the tactics you see there or the ones in this article, simply contact us right here.
We have spent over a decade leveraging the best technology in the industry to improve and scale our clients’ businesses.
So don’t hesitate to reach out and we will set up a call right away to discuss how we can help take your evergreen sales funnel to the next level!