SEO tools from Google are something that you can’t afford to overlook. After all, the company decides its own algorithm, and it has a vested interest in seeing your business succeed.
At its core, the search engine is a middleman, putting people in touch with whatever they are looking for. If people find that the page put in front of them provides some sort of value, they are much more likely to rate that particular search session as a positive experience and return in the future.
So Google has all the reason in the world to make sure your pages are:
- Meeting a demand
- Easy to browse
- Presented in an appealing manner
That is why we have SEO tools from Google for every one of these aspects and much more! However, there are some SEO tools from Google that are more important than others, and all of them have lesser-known functionality designed to help you reach the coveted top spot in SERPs.
While the Google SEO criteria aren’t officially available to the public, one thing is clear:
The best way to improve search engine ranking is to take advantage of the tools that Google is already putting at your disposal.
Our Recommendation For SEO Tools From Google
These are the SEO tools from Google that anyone should have in their arsenal!
Google Trends. With data stretching all the way back to 2004, this website lets you go deep into the interests of people in different timeframes and regions of the world. Discover what keywords you should be using in your content based on what people are searching for.
Google Search Console. Track your index coverage to make sure Google has the latest information on your website. Get index information straight from the source to understand the algorithm better. Analyze clicks, impressions, queries and the position of your website to see what brings people in. Stay on top of errors with email alerts.
Google Analytics. An invaluable resource for any activity you perform that involves the word “Google”. It interacts with the Search Console and any other Google tool that can produce a trackable metric.
Now let’s take a look at some key points for each of these SEO tools from Google that will help you get the most out of them.
Google Trends Is Perfect When Formulating A Strategy
- Choose topics instead of words whenever you can, since they apply to all languages and account for spelling mistakes and synonyms.
- Compare searches. You can compare up to five terms or topics and change the location for each one. All Google Trends data is normalized so that the locations with a high volume of searches don’t always have the highest interest. For example, this could be used to determine the perfect city to launch a new product – the one where the interest is highest. You could also use it to focus your content on catering to the specific interests and preferences of the local population.
Google Analytics Is Indispensable For Any Google Activity
- Track referrals and backlinks. See for yourself which sites are sending people to your page and which of them are bringing you the most value. Some of these links will not be documented in any other tool. You can also find potential blogs to connect to based on previous connections.
- Optimize the top converting pages. Find the best-performing pages in the Google Analytics dashboard and use other tools like Google Keyword Planner to improve their performance.
- Use the Content Drilldown tool. Get breakdowns of impressions and click-throughs for your non-sales pages. This gives you a good view of what topics are trending so you can improve those pages even further.
- Pick the right category. How Google views your website is very important. It wants the top rankers to be authoritative. Go to Audience > Interests > Overview to see the interests of the people finding your content. After that you can adjust it accordingly to increase traffic.
Google Search Console Is The Pillar Of SEO
- Run A/B tests with daily rank tracking. This lets you quickly see whether the changes you made to a title, content, link structure, meta description etc. were effective in driving more traffic or not. Stick to one variant so the data doesn’t get tangled up. If you make too many changes it might be difficult to determine which one was responsible for the traffic increase and thus harder to replicate the same success in the future.
- Use structured data to offer Rich Results for your pages. Depending on the topic and type of information being presented, SERPs may have different methods of displaying web pages. Aside from the standard blue links, some pages have images with snippets on them, FAQs, a box with relevant information about a business, etc. These are all called Rich Results and they have a higher click-through rate, so you should make sure the relevant boxes are ticked and that Google knows what type of content is present on your page and how to display it.
Final Words On Using These SEO Tools From Google
Whether it be through optimizing the search algorithm (Helpful content update) or improving page loading speed, Google has always aimed to improve its user experience. All you have to do is correctly leverage their tools to scale.
If you are looking for a top Google SEO agency to help you out, you have come to the right place. We are consistently using a decade’s worth of knowledge and expertise to help our customers fine-tune their online businesses. It is through that vast experience that we have determined the best SEO tools from Google and the best ways to use them.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, contact us right here and we will set up a call right away. We will discuss all the ways in which we can use SEO tools from Google to scale and improve your business!